Last year the Rotary club helped to install and implement a Disk Golf Course in Incline Village. Many residents have been taking advantage of this new fun activity available in our back yard. Starting just after Labor Day the Disc Golf Course is going to be closed while they make necessary renovations to Third Creek.
- Construction will start September 4, 2012 and be completed October 15, 2012.
- Stream zone restoration project to improve fish passage and habitat and to reduce bank erosion and sediment loading to Lake Tahoe.
- The project will impact Third Creek between Incline Way and State Route 28 as well as between Lakeshore Boulevard and Lake Tahoe. Work will also occur on Incline Creek directly east of the Recreation Center.
- Two new pedestrian bridges will be installed with one on Third Creek and one on Incline Creek.
- Project work, equipment access roads, and construction staging will require the closure of the disc golf during construction for the safety of the public.
- The tennis center will experience visual and noise impacts during construction as active work will occur adjacent to some of the courts.